Just Checking In
It’s normal to feel a bit nervous when coming in to talk to your doctor, especially when the discussion centers around a sensitive subject. Mental health can be a very personal topic, which makes it all the more difficult to talk about. Here are some simple questions to ask yourself to help you know what you should bring up to your doctor:
- How have your days been recently? Have you been feeling down more than normal?
- How are you feeling today? Both mentally and physically.
- When was your last full meal? Have you been drinking enough water?
- Have you had trouble sleeping?
- Have you been getting enough exercise? If so, what kind? Is it the right kind of exercise that your body needs?
Call a FriendIf you find yourself stumped by any of these questions, or have difficulty understanding why they’re important, consider talking to your doctor to learn more about how to best take care of both your mind and body.
Consider talking to your doctor to learn more about How to best take care of both your mind and body.